Harnessing potential, enabling opportunities, growing the future
ROLE: Higher Level Teaching Assistant
SCHOOL: Beechwood Junior School
HOURS: 30.83hr PW Term time only
SALARY: Grade 7 Scale Point 19
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 17th November 2021 (12.00 noon)
INTERVIEW DATE: Tuesday 23rd November 2021
START DATE: Tuesday 4th January 2022
Would you like to be part of an innovative and professional team that puts supporting pupils, to ensure they do their very best, at the heart of everything they do? We are looking for the right person to join our team. Someone who:
- Is a reflective practitioner who is keen to achieve personal excellence through the provision of outstanding support for children
- Has high expectations of achievement and behaviour
- Is able to work closely and effectively within a team
- Is a creative person who has excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Is committed to working in partnership with children, staff, parents, and the wider community
WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Excellent CPD opportunities and Training and Development Programmes
- In-house Teaching School
- An individual induction programme supported by a mentor
- Networking groups for Teachers, Business Managers, Site Teams, and IT staff
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or Local Government Pension Scheme
- A tax-efficient childcare scheme through salary sacrifice
- Generous holiday entitlement for staff working 52 weeks per year which increases with length of service
- Free eye tests up to the value of £25 for users of VDU equipment and contribution up to the value of £60 towards the purchase of glasses specifically for the use of display screen equipment (where all conditions are met)
- Opportunity to become a school workplace Health and Wellbeing representative, meeting with other schools on a termly basis and feeding into the Health and Wellbeing strategy
- Access to the Trust Health and Wellbeing pages
- Access to staff benefits portal through Sodexo and Portsmouth payroll
- Free confidential telephone and face to face counselling for staff and family members
Should you wish to apply for this vacancy, please view the job description and complete the application form which can be found www.beechwoodjuniorschool.co.uk and return to Ann Fowler, Office Manager, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All schools with the Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
THE EDWIN JONES PARTNERSHIP
The Edwin Jones Partnership is part of an umbrella Trust called the Hamwic Education Trust. At the Hamwic Education Trust we offer unique opportunities for those individuals that excel in education.
We aim to deliver an outstanding education to our pupils and to do so we must employ outstanding people.
We offer a training pathway for all employees including teachers, support staff, and our middle and senior leaders.
Our staff have opportunities to work on cross-phase projects and to work in other schools within the Trust in order to gain invaluable experience and enhance their skills.